Opening a NEW Donor Advised Fund:
The deadline of FRIDAY, December 14, 2018 has passed.
Only AEF Donor Advised Fund Applications that are opened with a cash gift can still be completed in 2018.
- For cash, there are three ways to initiate a cash gift :
- All checks must be USPS postmarked by 12/31/2018 and sent directly to American Endowment Foundation, 5700 Darrow Road, Ste. 118, Hudson, OH 44236 for the deposit to qualify for a 2018 tax receipt. We encourage using certified mail to track receipt.
- If you use alternative carriers such as FedEx or UPS, checks must be delivered no later than December 31 to qualify as a 2018 gift.
2. Wire by 12/31/2018
Here are the wire instructions:
ABA Routing #041000124
For Credit to: American Endowment Foundation, Account #4244305765
- Notify AEF to expect a wire transfer. In order to process properly, AEF will need to know the wire amount, name of the wiring institution, and name of the AEF Donor Advised Fund.
3. ACH by 12/31/2018
Here are the ACH instructions:
- Notify AEF to expect an ACH. Indicate in the Acct # or Memo field the name of the AEF Donor Advised Fund or the Fund ID.
By completing these steps, your client will be able to earn their tax deduction for 2018. Please be aware:
- Any investment paperwork received after December 14, 2018 will not be processed until 2019.
- AEF staff will follow up with your office in 2019 concerning opening the investment account for the DAF.
If you are not registered within the state of Ohio, you may need to complete your registration for the donor advised fund to be completed.
Grant Making Deadlines:
The deadline of WEDNESDAY, December 19, 2018 for funds established BEFORE December 2018 has passed.
The deadline of FRIDAY, December 14, 2018 for new funds established IN December 2018 has passed.
If an AEF donor intends to recommend grants out of a newly created AEF Donor Advised Fund (DAF), the DAF needs to be created no later than the first week of December to ensure there is time to book the gifts (10 business days) as well as process the grants (10 business days).
Please be aware, due to high seasonal volume, some grant recommendations may take longer than 10 business days to complete.
Grant recommendations received after the above dates will be processed in the order in which received and MAY NOT be processed until January 2019.