Opening a NEW Donor Advised Fund:
The deadline of FRIDAY, December 13, 2019 has passed for the opening of new funds with marketable securities.
New AEF Donor Advised Funds can still be opened with cash up until 12/31/2019 .
Along with the completed application, there are three ways to initiate a cash gift to American Endowment Foundation:
- All checks must be USPS postmarked by 12/31/2019 and sent directly to American Endowment Foundation, 5700 Darrow Road, Ste. 118, Hudson, OH 44236 for the deposit to qualify for a 2019 tax receipt. We encourage using certified mail to track receipt.
- If you use alternative carriers such as FedEx or UPS, checks must be delivered and in our possession no later than 5PM ET December 31 to qualify as a 2019 gift.
2. Wire received by 12/31/2019
- Here are the wire instructions:
ABA Routing #041000124
For Credit to: American Endowment Foundation, Account #4244305765
- Notify AEF to expect a wire transfer. In order to process properly, AEF will need to know the wire amount, name of the wiring institution, and name of the AEF Donor Advised Fund.
3. ACH received by 12/31/2019
- Here are the ACH instructions:
- Notify AEF to expect an ACH. Indicate in the Acct # or Memo field the name of the AEF Donor Advised Fund or the Fund ID.
By completing these steps, your client will receive their tax receipt for 2019. Please be aware:
- Any investment paperwork received after December 13, 2019 will not be processed until 2020.
- AEF staff will follow up with your office in 2020 concerning opening the investment account for the DAF.
Other deadlines to know include:
- For the deposit of marketable securities for funds opened on or prior to December 13, 2019, the deposit must be transferred into the investment account by 12/31/2019 to receive a 2019 tax receipt.
If you are not registered within the state of Ohio, you may need to complete your registration for the donor advised fund to be completed.
Planning on making a transfer of complex assets like closely held business interests, insurance, alternative investments, private placements, etc.? The deadline of December 2, 2019 has passed for new donor advised funds that are funded by complex asset transfers.
Grant Making Deadline:
Manual grants: The deadline of TUESDAY, December 10, 2019 has passed.
Grants through DonorCentral: The deadline of TUESDAY, December 17, 2019 has passed.
If an AEF donor intends to recommend grants out of a newly created AEF Donor Advised Fund (DAF), the DAF needs to be created no later than the first week of December to ensure there is time to book the gifts (10 business days) as well as process the grants (10 business days).
Please be aware, due to high seasonal volume, some grant recommendations may take longer than 10 business days to complete.
Grant recommendations received after the above dates will be processed in the order in which received and MAY NOT be processed until January 2020.