The Power of Estate Planning to Build Your PracticeSubmitted by American Endowment Foundation on October 15th, 2018
By Eric Kinaitis
October is Estate & Gift Planning Awareness Month.
In partnership with The Financial Awareness Foundation, Laura Malone, VP-Corporate/Complex Giving at American Endowment Foundation (AEF) and Valentino Sabuco, Executive Director, The Financial Awareness Foundation (TFAF) have co-hosted a webinar on The Building Blocks to Successful Estate & Gift Planning .
Their discussion looked at:
- Alarming consumer data concerning the lack of preparedness by Americans concerning their estate plans
- Learning the basics about terms and necessary documents
- The 6 steps to successful estate planning
- The power of gift planning in helping financial advisors grow their AUM
- The role that a donor advised fund (DAF) can play as a gift & estate planning tool
- How to work with other experts in building a "team" that serves the estate planning needs of your clientele
Their discussion included access to additional resources such as:
-A quiz , " Some Questions to Ponder" that advisors can use with their clients. The quiz allows clients to evaluate their level of financial awareness.
-An Ebook, "Your Estate & Gift Planning Organizer", a comprehensive guide to terminology, thoughts and practices toward better estate and gift planning.
-A copy of their presentation slides
-A video recording of the webinar
At American Endowment Foundation (AEF), we are happy to help you learn more about estate & gift planning. Please contact us or call at 1-888-966-8170 with any questions.