Online Access via DonorCentral
If you have specific questions about a grant, please email us directly at the Grants department for fastest service at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective Sept.1, 2021, the required minimum contribution to open a new donor advised fund is $25,000. Effective that same date, current donor advised funds are required to maintain a $10,000 minimum balance. Additional details are here.
If you are new to AEF and/or DonorCentral, please follow the "Welcome to AEF's DonorCentral" instructions that were emailed to you. If you did not receive the Welcome email, please call us at 1-888-440-4233 or contact the Experience Team to request another copy and verify the correct email address on file.
Our employer / tax ID number is here.
How to Use DonorCentral
To access DonorCentral and make a grant please follow the steps below.
- Sign in with your current Google (Gmail) User Name and Password -or-
- Sign in with a Blackbaud ID & Password (you may need to establish one)
*If you chose Sign Up, please note that you must use the email you provided on the AEF Donor Advised Fund Application.
6.) On the first page of the grant recommendation form, you can choose to do one of the following:
- Search for an organization that you’ve granted to previously.
- Search to see if the organization you want to donate to is already in our database.
- Once you have FIRST searched for a prior Charitable Organization or for a Charitable Organization already in our database, you can add a new Charitable Organization by selecting the radio button (shown below) and adding the information. *Please do not create a new charitable organization for an address change. Simply include the change of address in the SPECIAL COMMENTS field later in the grant recommendation form.
7.) Click the Next button. This will automatically take you to the Recommendation tab.
8.) Make sure you select your fund from the drop down list.
9.) Input the Grant Amount: note the minimum is $250. Please do not use a $, a comma, or a decimal point.
10.) (Optional) Type in a Purpose – Statement or message you would like to include on the grant letter. The grant letter is what the organization will receive.
11.) (Optional) Type in any Special Comments you may want to include for the AEF Grant Team. For example, ACH information for the organization (recommended).
12.) Select your Anonymity; chose if you would like to be fully anonymous or semi anonymous with the options available.
13.) Will this be a Recurring Grant? If so, check the box and enter the recurrence details.
14.) Once you have filled out the grant recommendation form, read the Important Agreed Conditions before checking the I agree box.
15.) To fully submit grant recommendation form, click Review and Submit.
For New Users
AEF offers a secured web site for registered donors called DonorCentral. New users will receive a Welcome email with DonorCentral instructions to set up an email and password combination with which to access DonorCentral, powered by Blackbaud. The site provides you online access to your Fund for the following:
Online grant recommendations.
Granting history – to whom you made grants, when, and in what amounts.
Gift history – what assets were contributed to your Fund, when, and in what amounts.
Updated Fund balance.
Your satisfaction is very important to us.Experience Team.